Originally created for the German Pavilion of the 1929 International Exhibition in Barcelona, the chair design is world renowned and probably best recognized as the father of modern design. Designed to seat the king and queen of Spain, its regal presence is still an iconic piece even after 80 years. Made in Italy with the finest materials, quality is superb and truly fit for royalty.
Each chair begins with flat bar-stock steel, bent, and welded into form. The chrome steel frame is hand ground and buffed to a mirror-like finish. The cushions, including the buttons and welting, are made with 100% genuine Italian leather. Employing the Capitonne technique, individual panels of leather are cut, hand welted, and hand tufted to create a deep and precise tufting.
Item #: MLK-MC-L-2101
Mies van der Rohe Pavilion Chair - Made in Italy
Your Price: $2,749.00
Original Price: $5,068.00
You Save: $2,319.00 (45.8%)
| Select Color: |
Availability: IN STOCK - Usually ships in 5 to 10 business days.
Usually ships In
Note: Custom options ship within 8 to 12 weeks.
- Made in Italy
- Each frame is stamped for authenticity
- Stocked in black
- Additional colors can be special ordered
- 100% genuine Italian leather (no vinyl or leather match)
- Solid flat steel frame with hand ground and buffed chrome mirror-like finish
- Individual leather panels with traditional hand welting and hand tufting (Capitonne technique)
- Cushions with seamless corner edge detailing
- High density foam cushion boarder for greater support and retains cushion form
- Softer center foam cushions deliver comfortable seating
- 17 heavy saddle leather straps securely fixed to steel chair frame (9 on seat and 8 on back)
- Air bleeder under seat cushion reduces pressure resistance creating ultimate seating comfort
- Triple leather belt straps secure the seat cushion, minimizing shifting
- Dual snap buttons ensure the back cushion stays in place
- Each button is manually encased with leather and tufted straight through the cushions
- Frame is expertly welded and finished with no visible seams
- Allow 8-12 weeks for custom options
- Fully assembled
- Authenticated and licensed by Malik Gallery Collection
- Five year manufacturer's warranty
30"W x 30.25"D x 29.5"H
Seat Height: 17"
Cushion thickness: 2.5"
Disclaimer: This item is not a Knoll Inc. or "Barcelona" product. DCG Stores or any of its subsidiaries is not affiliated with Knoll Inc.
Top Grain (Corrected):
Top grain leather Barcelona chair has some grain correction. Typically the surface layer is removed of imperfections such as insect bites, scars, brands, grain variations, etc. by means of buffing or sanding. It is then dyed and the grains are "embossed" into the leather giving it a uniform grain appearance. The process is finished by an application of a pigment top coat protectant. Top grain leather, the "family-friendly" leather is more stain resistant and less susceptible to the environment, but generally not as soft and supple as uncorrected leather.
Semi-Aniline leather Barcelona chair offers pure aniline leather that has a small amount of pigment or clear finish thus allowing the natural characteristics of the hide to still show through while offering some of the benefits of color consistency and increased durability.
Full Grain Aniline (Uncorrected):
Full Grain Aniline, premium hide with minimal scarring, defects, etc. has not had any grain correction. The leather left in its most natural state is softer, suppler, and thicker than corrected leather. Less than 5% of all hides can be considered as full grain aniline. Uncorrected leather is generally higher in quality and therefore more expensive. The hide is aniline dyed with no pigment top coat protectant. Since no two hide is alike, each full grain Barcelona chair will exhibit a unique look and feel, not found in corrected leather.
Malik Gallery Collection, world renowned in the design industry, follows the guiding principles laid out by the Bauhaus movement; a movement with a dream of changing the materials that were being used, how materials were being used, and changing manufacturing techniques.
It is Malik's endeavor to provide clean and functional pieces at price points that deliver modern classic and contemporary design to the masses. In their collection you will find some of the world’s greatest design - both old and new. Malik Gallery Collection strives to deliver the finest possible furniture in design and quality.